Punjab National Bank is one of the oldest banks of India that was established in 1895. It is regarded as the first Swadeshi Bank of India. Today, it has more than 5000 branches across India and 5 overseas branches. It is ranked as 2nd largest bank after SBI in terms of many parameters including branch network, business, etc. It offers free internet facilities for customers to enjoy banking services from the comfort of their home.
PNB offers online banking services to those retail customers who maintainSF,CA, CA(Overdraft) account and CC/CA in case of Corporate customers. All these accounts must be completely KYC compliant. Customers need aPC with Pentium and Windows 95, active Internet Connection, IE and successful registration for online banking to avail internet banking services.
PNB offers various useful banking services for its customers such as access to accounts, funds transfer, and range of other value added banking services.
· Online Account Management including checking Current, Savings, Loan Accounts
· View and print account statements
· Online funds transfer within same bank branches or to any other branch using third party transfer
· Online request for chequebooks, Inquiry of Cheque Status and Make Stop Cheque Request
· Online Request for issue of Banker’s Cheque and Demand Draft
· Online Forex Rate Inquiry, Interest Rate Inquiry, email inquiry facility
· Change Password Online and view the activities performed during a session
· Online Utility bill payments including Water bills, Electricity bills, Telephone bills, Mobile bills and LIC Premium.
· Temple Donation including donations to Shri Darbar Sahib, Shree Jagannath Temple Puri and Guruvayur Temple.
· E-Payment of taxes such as DGFT, Excise/ Service Tax, Kandla Port, Direct Taxes/ Income Tax, Customs, etc.
· E-Filing of Income Tax Returns and Fee payment for IGNOU and RGPV
· Online tickets booking of Indian Airlines, Railways, Hotel/Travel, etc
The eligible customers are required to get registered for the Internet Banking Services. To do so, they need to fill the request form and submit it to branch. Theauthentication of customer’s particulars is done and then user-id, password and User-guide are sent to the branch.Customer need to collect his user ID and password after submitting the acknowledgement letter at the branch. For security reasons the User ID and password are sent in separate and sealed envelopes.
After collecting the user-id and password, the password gets activated within 24 hours. Customer can visit to the site at www.netpnb.com and uses the user-id and password for login to access his account details. Customer needs to change his password on first login and he/she should keep a confidential and strong password for accessing his account details.
PNBInternet Banking security features
PNB provides high level of digital security for providing secure net banking services. It uses encryption codes with complex protocols for amplified security. It makes use of SSL which is a secure session protocol for encryptingtransactions information travelling over the internet. Thus, Internet Banking users get assured that their financial activities are carried in a secured environment.