Axis Bank is one of the leading banks of India with market capitalization of Rs. 410.54 crores as per 31 March 2011. Its central office is located in Mumbai and registered office is in Ahmedabad. It has over 1281 branches and 6270 ATMs (as on 31st March, 2011). It is a strong player in both retail and corporate banking.
Axis Bank offers internet banking as a free service for all its customers to allow them access banking services from the comfort of their home. It offers many of its services online that enables customers to manage their account anytime and anywhere.
By using Axis Bank online banking, customers can check their account balance, email their queries and perform many transactions.
Salient Features of Axis Bank Online Banking are as follows:
· Online Balance inquiryrelated to Savings Bank Account, Current Account, etc.
· Online Transaction Query enables Customers to submit their queries online
· Customers can view synopsis of last 6 transactions done
· Make online request for cheque books
· Customer can view and print bank statements online
· Update personal contact details
· Easily Transfer funds between accounts
· Online BillPayment Services
· Anytime and anywhere account access
How to apply for Axis Bank Internet Banking?
One can follow few simple steps to apply for Axis Bank Internet Banking.
· Go the Axis Bank website at www.axisbank.com and download the ‘Axis Bank Internet Banking’ form.
· Complete all the account details.
· Read the instructions, sign the form and submit the nearest Axis bank branch
· You will receive a password by mail. Change the password on your first login.
Axis Bank Bill payment
Customers can now pay their bills online from the comfort of their home or office. Axis Bank Bill pay service allows bill payment to most of the major utility billers and LIC. Over the internet, it shows three types of bill payment options including Biller Payments, Payee Payments, and Personal Payee Payments.
The registration for bill payments using Axis bank online banking is doneonline. Moreover, customer can also make online payments for Visa Credit Card bill via Visa Money Transfer facility.
Axis Bank Internet Banking system comes loaded with very efficient security measures for maximizing safety of customer account and its transactions. It features encryption codes and firewalls for providing protection against any suspicious attacks.
Axis Bank has adopted a Double Security system NETSECURE, for online fund transfers. It is basically a two factor authentication for added security related to online banking transactions. The first parameter involves login id and password used by customer for accessing the site. The second parameter is single usage password to be received by customer while performing conducting the transaction. Both these are used for verifying the identity of customers on the Internet. Thus, two factors ensure amplified security for online transactions.
In order to transfer funds online using Axis Bank Internet Banking, it is compulsory to get registered for NETSECURE. Once the registration for NETSECURE is done, customer receives NETSECURE Code which is a single usage password for enhancing security for online fund transfers. At a time of registering for Axis Bank Internet Banking, Customer has the option of selecting any one of NETSECURE among NETSECURE with SMS, NETSECURE with WebPin and NETSECURE with 1-Touch.